WHAT IS OBESITY?
The accumulation of the excess amount of fat in our body is called Obesity- “Meodoroga” in Ayurveda.
Now a day it is the most common nutritional disorder continues indulgence in high fat, fried foods along with a sedentary lifestyle results in excessive fat getting blocked in various body channels.
According to Ayurveda both underweight and overweight highlight the imbalance of Doshas – Vata, Pitta, and kapha . Overweight or Obesity in most people results predominantly due to Kapha type Dosha. However other two Doshas can also cause obesity in some people.
- Reduction of longevity
- Increased body fat
- Premature ageing
- Breathlessness on exertion, Difficulty in breathing
- Excessive sweating with bad order.
- Mainly due to absence of physical activity
- Sleeping during the day
- Intake of Kapha – increasing foods( Heavy, Sweet, Cooling and unctuous food in excess)
- Over intake of food
- Obesity in turn causes a number of metabolic disturbances such as hypertension, Diabetes, irregular digestion, heart disorders, Stroke, little type of cancers etc. It can effect social life too
Tips to Control Obesity
- Aloe Vera: Drinking Juice is said to help in weight loss.
- Gooseberry : Amla churna or amla in the form of amla juice will be in different forms
Ideally consuming in the morning time with Lukewarm water
- Honey: Take a table spoon of honey daily with warm water
- Eat vegetables such as bitter gourd and drumstickto control obesity
- Triphala , Brahmi and Vrikshamla are few of the medicinal plants that help in weight reduction easily obtainable fresh curry leaves, turmeric, mint and Spices like ginger, cinnamon , black pepper are found to be very beneficial
Ayurveda Treatments for Obesity
In Ayurveda, Obesity is known as “Medoroga” Which is caused by the aggravation of Kapha. There are remedies in Ayurvedic Treatment for Weight Loss and to maintain proper health
Udawartanam: It is a unique deep tissue massage using Herbal powders
Uthsadanam: Deep massage with Herbal Paste
Abhyangam: Synchronized massage with specific Oils
Swedanam: Steam bath helps mobilize the accumulated fat
Panchakarma therapies also Obesity Treatment in Ayurveda are administered based on needs of the person under the recommendations of our Practitioners and the presence of experts.
Specially designed diet & Yoga Programs
- Avoid high carbohydrate like polished rice and potato
- Avoid oily & fried foods, Processed foods, fatty foods, like butter , purified butter , cheese , milk yogurt , Cream chocolate etc.
- Increased intake of fruits, salad and Vegetables
Yoga: Surya namaskaram, Pada uthasana , Ardha chakrasana , Pariritha trikonasana , Danurasana , Pachimuthasana, pavanamuthasana , Bujangasana, Sukshma Vyayama, Stretchings are few of the asanas or yoga postures , Walking for regular exercise helps in maintaining good health. Brisk walk for about half an hour during the morning helps in burning excess fat and keeps fresh too.